aloha jenerick iz da name, dis blog iz about anything and everything in da not so interesting life of me. i am werking on seeing through people (radiographer), constantly in da pursuit of happyness, likes to attempt playing da guitar and piano, my taste budz do not discriminate against most flavors, thinks photographs are just simply amazing and i like da number odds...........shaka \m/.

most images are downloaded from da internet with no intentions of making any financial gains.

Jul 6, 2010

hana relay_training day 1


today my training for da hana relay started. i hav two months plus some days to get in shape. days leading into today i continued to ask myself what was i f#@%&^ thinking, even as to postpone da start date and coming up wit excuses to not run and drink instead. den i realized dat it was #fourteen on my bucket list.......i always wanted to do it, dis was a chance for me to cross this of my list. i den committed and bought new running shoes and the nike+ sensor to help make running fun.

i tell you wat, these nike lunarelites feel really great. my first run felt like da shoes already hav been broken in. a plus dat i really liked was dat, as i ran i could feel cool breezes rushing through the shoes and cooling off my toes keeping my feet comfortable in da 90+ degree weather. best shoes i hav bought so far and satisfied with it, though a hundred dollars for da shoe is a bit much.

putting these shoes on i didn't think i was going to be able to complete the 3mi. run dat i had previously mapped with my cars odometer. preparing to head out i had a checklist.......asthma pump - check, muzic - check, bottle water - check. before dis run i felt really gud, focused and motivated off of da first steps. da route i took had moderate inclines, declines and straightaways.........i wanted it all for my first run. during da first half mile something in me sed i could go all da way, not to just complete it but to complete it running. funny how you get so focused dat u forget about da world around you. yet for split seconds along da run u easily smell da freshly painted crosswalks and overpriced gas being consumed, see sprinkler systems creating rainbows and friendly shakas amongst strangers as u pass, feel loose gravel being disturbed as u take a step and da sweat running down your spine whilst being sunkist by da sun. a few things i learned wit day 1 iz dat it is more mental den physical, muzic iz like redbull for da little engine dat could and all i needed was a 16 oz. bottle water to quench my thirst keeping me hydrated.